Job: Engineering Manager
|Date Posted||14 February 2018|
Cape Town’s fastest growing online fashion business are looking to expand their high performance team and are looking for an experience Engineering Manager in particular.
So… If you are a self-starter who is comfortable taking ownership over assigned projects while working collaboratively in a team environment then this one is for you. Your focus will be on continuously improving the engineering team which will require working closely with team leads and the CTO and you will also be responsible for managing new hires, ensuring your team remains at the high standard it’s known for.
– 5+ years in development / management
– Experience with open source environments, PHP, Python, NodeJS, Linux, Docker.
– Experience with relational database systems – preferably MySQL
– Familiarity with revision control and build systems (specifically Git)
– Deep experience with issue tracking/management systems (specifically Jira)
– Good understanding of theoretical programming fundamentals, including but not limited to distributed systems, highly scalable systems, algorithms, data structures, design patterns and OOP
– Comfortable with the odd programming / technical job
– Experience with e-commerce based applications is advantageous
Cv’s can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Sedgwick – Tech RecruiterKate is a recent graduate with an Honours degree in Psychology. She is a very sociable and positive person who enjoys meeting new people and experiencing all life has to offer. Kate is always up for a challenge and is excited to begin her journey in Cape Town in the recruitment industry. She believes in living each day to the full and making the most of all opportunities and if this can be done with friends by her side then she is at her happiest. Kate enjoys the outdoors, wine tasting at the beautiful surrounding wine farms and time spent with her family is also very important to her.Contact manager
Join our mailing list!
Subscribe to the job feed
- Admin/Support (13)
- Client Services/Account Management (56)
- Copywriting/Content (38)
- Data/Research (8)
- Design/Creative (94)
- Development/Programming (39)
- eCommerce (11)
- IT Support/Infrastructure (2)
- Marketing (38)
- Mobile (14)
- Other (16)
- Production/Traffic (12)
- Project Management (24)
- Public Relations (2)
- Retail (6)
- Sales/Business Development (40)
- Senior/Executive (3)
- SEO/SEM/PPC (30)
- Social Media (32)
- Strategy (30)
- Expired jobs (4197)
From the Blog
- A new job is always an exciting prospect...
- You’ve done all the studying and intervi...
- Your relationship with your recruiter is...
- Job hunting can be a long, arduous proce...
- An interview is a two way street,...